RISK & INSURANCE MANAGEMENT SOCIETY
NORTHEAST OHIO CHAPTER
2016 COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
RIMS is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing the practice of risk management, a professional discipline that protects physical, financial and human resources. Founded in 1950, RIMS represents over 3,800 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable, and governmental entities. The Society serves 9,400 risk management professionals around the world.
The Northeast Ohio Chapter of RIMS was chartered in 1959. Its scholarship(s) are awarded to students annually on a competitive basis factoring the following criteria:
- Having a permanent residence in one of the following Northeast Ohio counties (required):
Ashtabula Geauga Lorain Richland Wayne
Cuyahoga Holmes Mahoning Stark Columbiana
Huron Medina Summit Erie Lake
- Majoring in risk management, insurance, or a related field at an accredited college or university, with the intent of working in the insurance or risk management industry (required)
- Maintaining a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale (required)
- Demonstrating involvement in the university and community through extracurricular, philanthropic or volunteer activities (considered)
- Financial need (considered)
Submit your application, report card and essay by e-mail as a single scanned attachment, to arrive no later than 5:00pm eastern time on June 1, 2016, to email@example.com with “2016 Scholarship Application” in the subject line.